Sunday, July 10, 2011

Way to dash my dreams, hubby.

Those of you that REALLY know me, know that I have been - for a while - obsessed with catching a bad guy on America's Most Wanted.  I know, I know, they even cancelled it because it was too much for me to handle, but for YEARS, I've watched the show, visited the website, etc... knowing that at some point some bad guy lives near me or I have seen him at Walmart (because criminals need to buy detergent too) and I was going to call and get famous or just maybe get a tshirt that said "I caught suspect number #82943" or something cool like that.  If they weren't going to give me a tshirt, I totally would have made it for myself.

So, Rob just calls me and apparently his hotel got robbed this morning.  (and I could totally make a comment about how Rob's hotel got Robbed because he was staying at it, but I'll refrain for the fear of sounding like a 14 year old, which you and I totally know I am).  He saw the guys running from the building and of course, like he does... he processed everything they were wearing and what the get-a-way car looked like and what color their eyes were and if they were cheating on their spouse with someone (oh, never mind... he just notices those things about our neighbor) but he went downstairs and the police questioned him and they will probably catch the bad guys because of his self-described "hawk eyes".

My reaction to it all?  GOD DAMN IT TO HELL ROBERT! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME?!   He was confused at first and said something about needing to go poop (or get ice, I wasn't really paying attention) and I just want to be mad at him for taking the ONE thing I've wanted to do my whole life (aside from that one other sexual thing, but we won't get into that) and making it about him.  Of course they are going to catch the bad guy because Rob is extremely observant and I can almost guarantee you that he can tell you if they had fillings in their teeth, but damn it - it was MY thing.  Great.  Next thing you know, he'll be birthing a freaking kid just to show me up and TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME TOO. 

Thanks Rob for robbing me of my life dream.  That is all.



Update:  So these dumbasses show up the next day to rob another hotel and of course my husband spots them and calls the cops and they caught them.  Apparently, he's a hero (in his mind).  Really?! They didn't even have weapons on them.  They might not even have been robbers. Just panhandlers that went from hotel to hotel asking for money and the cops just got fed up with them and arrested them. At least, that's how it goes in my mind.    In real life - they were crooks who didn't carry weapons.  True story.   Oh, and Rob still apparently thinks he's a hero.  

No comments:

Post a Comment