Saturday, January 8, 2011

Makes me go "hmmm" ...

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Douglas Adams

This quote is so true about my life.  I needed to read it tonight.  I can't explain it, but sometimes things present themselves just at the time that you needed them the most. I've been contemplating my life all day today. Just quietly thinking to myself  "what if?"   Sometimes that is mostly torture, because there are so many things that I would change knowing what I know now. But, that's the thing.  Decisions are made. Period.  Whether they are stupid, immature, or simply the best decisions with the resources that you have at the time, they are simply the choices in life that you decided were the best at that given moment. 

I had such big dreams.  Huge plans for my life at 18.  I remember it well.  I would have been happy - a high class executive at some PR firm in Manhattan.  Yep, that was always where I was going to go.  With that said - I'm so happy that my life turned out the way it did.  I ended up where I needed to be.  I have a house - a home - to call my own.  I have a wonderful husband that has seen me at my worst, and loves me in spite of that. I have a wonderful circle of friends that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  I could go on and on...   but, enough to say that the quote I posted up above is just what I needed to read to throw away all the "what ifs" and realize that I'm truly happy. 

Maybe you needed to read it to.  And that's why I'm posting this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment